Engineering Camp Charlotte will return to Queens University for 2019!
A variety of programs are open to children ages 5-16 (Rising kindergarten-11th grades). The programs will run Monday – Thursday, 9am to 3:30pm, and Fridays 9am to 3pm. Drop off hours are 8:30am to 9am. Pick up hours are 3:30pm to 4pm.
The program will run six separate week-long programs.
- Session I: June 17 – 21 (General Engineering: Middle school, high school)
- Session II: June 24 – 28 (General Engineering: Middle school, high school)
- Session III: July 8 – 12 (General Engineering: Elementary school; Introduction to Engineering: K-2)
- Session IV: July 15 – July 19 (General Engineering: Elementary school; Introduction to Engineering: K-2)
- Session V: July 22 – July 26 (21st Century Flight Challenges: Aerospace Engineering)
- Session VI: July 29 – August 2 (Restoring & Improving Urban Infrastructure: Civil Engineering and Beyond)
2019 Camp Information
Roger’s Hall at Queens University
1900 Selwyn Avenue, Charlotte 28207
2019 Program* Cost
Elem/Middle School: $400/week
High School: $415/week
Specialty Theme Weeks: $400/week
*Optional lunch available in Queens Dining Hall for $50/week.
The camp will conclude each Friday afternoon with a Family Exhibition open to family members.
Parking will be provided.
NEW Curriculum Each Summer
The program guides students through the engineering design process as they tackle exciting engineering design challenges throughout each week-long program. Students will also learn about the National Academy of Engineering’s 14 Grand Challenges and the careers available to them in the various fields of engineering.
Each summer the curriculum changes, so no camp experience is ever the same!
Each team is led by a team lead and an assistant team lead. All staff will participate in a selective hiring process and will be trained by NC State’s College of Engineering.
Full background checks of all staff members are conducted each season.
Full refunds will be offered before May 1, 2019. Between May 1 and June 1, the program will refund $300. No refunds after June 1, 2019.
More Information About Lunch Option
Queens University’s Young Dining Hall offers a salad bar, pizza bar, cold sandwiches, hot entrees, drinks and desserts. The cost for this optional lunch is $50 and will go directly to Queens University. Students may bring their lunch from home.