Applications for Coaches are now CLOSED! Please check back in January 2021 for our next summer session.
Applications for High School Volunteers (general duties) are CLOSED – we are FULL!
Applications currently being accepted for high school volunteers for the weeks of July 13 – 17 and July 27 – 31 to assist in our K2 program – prior experience with children required.
Hiring Calendar 2020
|Online Employment Applications Due:||February 5|
|Employment Applications Reviewed:||Ongoing|
|Online Interviews Conducted:||February 6 – March 1|
|Decisions Emailed to Candidates:||March 8|
|Mandatory Coaches Training:||Saturday April 4 OR Saturday May 2|
|Mandatory All Staff On Site Training:||Saturday June 27|
Available Positions 2020
- Must be a certified teacher or degree in progress college student
- Must be willing to participate in NCSU Mandatory Coaches Training on April 4 in Hickory NC OR May 2 at North Carolina State University.
- Must be willing to participate Mandatory All Staff Training on June 27 at Queens University of Charlotte.
- Summer hours are 8am – 4pm
- Salary for certified teacher $900 per week
- Salary for degree in progress college student $600 per week
Coaches are the camp’s premier engineering guides. They are responsible for leading a team of approximately 15 students. The coaches will facilitate engineering activities, mentor, and provide team management skills. Applicants should be highly-motivated, hands-on individuals who work well with peers and children. Enthusiasm for kids and a passion for learning is a must.
- Candidates must be a high school student.
- Preference given to those who are able to volunteer for at least two weeks (80 hours).
- Must be willing to participate in All Staff Training on June 27 at Queens University of Charlotte.
High school volunteers are the camp’s invaluable behind-the-scenes helpers. Besides having fun while interacting with the campers each day, high school volunteers are responsible for assembling the groups’ engineering materials in advance for each of the Engineering Design Challenges. High school volunteers will assist with morning and afternoon carpools and assist campers while in the dining hall. High school volunteers must be friendly, enthusiastic, organized, and industrious.