Applications for Team Leads and Assistant Team Leads are due Sunday, January 28, 2018.
ECC accepts applications for High School Assistants on a rolling basis.
Hiring Calendar 2018
|Online Employment Applications Due:||January 28, 2018|
|Employment Applications Reviewed:||January 29 – February 4, 2018|
|Online Interviews Conducted:||February 5 – February 18, 2018|
|Decisions Emailed to Candidates:||March 4, 2018|
|Mandatory TEAM LEAD NCSU Training:||Friday April 20 12pm – 5pm AND Saturday April 21 9am – 4pm|
|Mandatory All Staff On Site Training:||Saturday June 2, 2018|
Available Positions 2018
- Must be a certified teacher working with elementary, middle, or high school students.
- Must be willing to participate in NCSU Mandatory Team Lead Training on April 20th and 21st at Queens University of Charlotte.
- Must be willing to participate Mandatory All Staff Training on June 2nd at Queens University of Charlotte.
- Salary $975 per week.
Team Leaders are the camp’s premier engineering coaches. They are responsible for leading a team of approximately 14 elementary or 14 middle school students. The Team Leaders will facilitate engineering activities, mentor and provide team management skills. Applicants should be highly-motivated, hands-on individuals who work well with peers and children. Enthusiasm for kids and a passion for learning is a must.
- Must be a college student.
- Must have previous experience working with children.
- Must be willing to participate in All Staff Training on June 2nd at Queens University of Charlotte..
- Salary: $500 per week
Assistant Team Leaders will assist the Team Lead in the coaching of the teams. They will convey engineering and science connections related to all activities. They will assist the activity trials, mentor students, and will serve as a role model for the campers. Assistant Team Leaders will supervise campers during outdoor activities and during transition times. Applicants should be enthusiastic, motivated, and have proven experience working with younger students.
- Candidates must be a high school student.
- Must be able to volunteer for at least two weeks (80 hours).
- Must be willing to participate in All Staff Training on June 2nd at Queens University of Charlotte.
High School Assistants are the camp’s invaluable behind-the-scenes helpers. Besides having fun while interacting with the campers each day, High School Assistants are responsible for assembling a group’s engineering materials in advance for each of the Engineering Design Challenges. High School Assistants will assist with morning and afternoon carpools and supervise campers while in the Dining Hall. High School Assistants must be friendly, enthusiastic, organized, and industrious.