Applications for coaches and high school volunteers open on January 2nd!
Hiring Calendar 2021
|Online Employment Applications Due:||February 15|
|Employment Applications Reviewed:||Ongoing|
|Online Interviews Conducted:||February 18 – March 1|
|Decisions Emailed to Candidates by:||March 15|
|Mandatory Coaches Training:||TBA|
|Mandatory All Staff On Site Training:||Saturday June 26|
Available Positions 2021
- Must be a certified teacher or degree in progress college student
- Must be willing to participate in NCSU Mandatory Coaches Training on TBA.
- Must be willing to participate Mandatory All Staff Training on June 26 at Queens University of Charlotte.
- Summer hours are 8am – 4pm
- Salary for certified teacher $900 per week
- Salary for degree in progress college student $600 per week
Coaches are the camp’s premier engineering guides. They are responsible for leading a team of approximately 12 students. The coaches will facilitate engineering activities, mentor, and provide team management skills. Applicants should be highly-motivated, hands-on individuals who work well with peers and children. Enthusiasm for kids and a passion for learning is a must.
- Candidates must be a high school student.
- Preference given to those who are able to volunteer for at least two weeks (80 hours).
- Must be willing to participate in All Staff Training on June 26 at Queens University of Charlotte.
High school volunteers are the camp’s invaluable behind-the-scenes helpers. Besides having fun while interacting with the campers each day, high school volunteers are responsible for assembling the groups’ engineering materials in advance for each of the Engineering Design Challenges. High school volunteers will assist with morning and afternoon carpools and assist campers while in the dining hall. High school volunteers must be friendly, enthusiastic, organized, and industrious.