Engineering Camp Charlotte
hosts a program for EVERYONE!
General Engineering for Elementary and Middle School
Campers learn just how diverse the field of engineering is with a week of fun and exciting Engineering Design Challenges! Participants will use the Engineering Design Process and Engineering Habits of Mind to conquer challenges alongside their teammates. Campers will show off their creations from the week during our Friday Engineering Showcase, which is open to family and friends.
General Engineering for High School
The 14 Grand Challenges of Engineering is our focus for the week! Participants will complete activities related to the Grand Challenges while practicing the Engineering Design Process and Engineering Habits of Mind. At the conclusion of the week, participants choose one of the Grand Challenges to address in more detail. They create a prototype for a solution and prepare a presentation to showcase for our families during our Friday Engineering Showcase.
Introducing NEW PROGRAMS
for Summer 2019!
Introduction to Engineering for K – 2
Using fun activities in small and collaborative groups, campers will be introduced to what engineering is. Activities focus around the Engineering Design Process and Engineering Habits of mind. All activities also anchor to a fun story!
21st Century Flight Challenges: Aerospace Engineering
Creating and improving all things that fly, fling, and float through the air! Campers will use the Engineering Design Process to conquer fun and exciting challenges – all inspired by aerospace engineering. Simple materials will be used to make a big impact while campers create catapults, gliders, hover crafts, rockets, and more! Campers will learn just how many engineering disciplines work together when it comes to flight. Family and friends can witness their camper’s solutions to these challenges during our Friday Engineering Showcase.
Restoring and Improving Urban Infrastructure: Civil Engineering and Beyond
Bridges, towers, and structures – oh my! Campers will spend the week in the shoes of a civil engineer, as well as other engineering disciplines, that work on solutions to this Grand Challenge. Participants will create structures – such as bridges, buildings, and foundations – which must hold up to forces such as weights, wind, or water. Campers will fine tune their Engineering Design Process skills to conquer each challenge. Friends and family can witness their camper’s solutions to these challenges during our Friday Engineering Showcase.
- June 17 – 21: General Engineering: Middle School, High School
- June 24 – 28: General Engineering: Middle School, High School
- July 8 – 12: General Engineering: Elementary School
Intro to Engineering (K-2)
- July 15 – 19: General Engineering: Elementary School
Intro to Engineering (K-2)
- July 22 – 26: 21st Century Flight Challenges: Aerospace Engineering (3-8)
- July 29 – August 2: Restoring & Improving Urban Infrastructure: Civil Engineering & Beyond (3-8)
- Introduction to Engineering for K-2: $250
- General Engineering for Elementary School: $400
- General Engineering for Middle School: $400
- General Engineering for High School: $415
- 21st Century Flight Challenges – Aerospace Engineering: $400
- Restoring & Improving Urban Infrastructure – Civil Engineering & Beyond: $400
All programs take place at Queens University of Charlotte in Rogers Hall.
Scientists study the world as it is; engineers create the world that has never been.
Theodore Von Kármán