Engineering Camp Charlotte
hosts a program for EVERYONE!
Introduction to Engineering for K – 2
Using fun activities in small and collaborative groups, campers will be introduced to what engineering is. Activities focus around the Engineering Design Process and Engineering Habits of mind. All activities also anchor to a fun story.
General Engineering for Elementary and Middle School
Campers learn just how diverse the field of engineering is with a week of fun and exciting Engineering Design Challenges! Each summer brings new activities and new challenges. Participants will use the Engineering Design Process and Engineering Habits of Mind to conquer challenges alongside their teammates.
General Engineering for High School
The 14 Grand Challenges of Engineering is our focus for the week! Participants will complete activities related to the Grand Challenges while practicing the Engineering Design Process and Engineering Habits of Mind. Campers are grouped with current NCSU engineering majors – allowing them to get the inside scoop on what it is like to study engineering at the college level.
programs for Summer 2021!
Aerospace Engineering focus week
Know someone who loves making things fly, float, or take off? This year’s aerospace engineering week will bring you BRAND NEW activities – but don’t worry, rockets will still be involved! Campers will learn what it takes to think like an aerospace engineer. They will practice working through the engineering design process by completing exciting challenges each day. Click here to check out the fun we had in 2019!
Civil Engineering focus week
We can see the work of civil engineers all around us – roads, bridges, buildings, canals, and even airports and sewage systems! This week campers will step into the shoes of a civil engineer to propose and design ideas to solve problems. Campers will use the engineering design process as they work in teams to find creative ways to solve these challenges.
Electrical Engineering focus week
A BRAND NEW program for 2021! Campers learn not only how to construct different circuits, but also how many problems can be solved using electrical engineering. Motors, lights, buzzers, switches, and wires will fill their days while campers work in teams to solve problems rooted in electrical engineering.
Mechanical Engineering focus week
With a focus on machines, motors, and anything that moves, our mechanical engineering week will keep kids of all engineering levels engaged and having fun! Each activity will take campers through the engineering design process to solve a problem rooted in mechanical engineering. As the week progresses, campers will learn just how many types of engineers must work together to solve problems.
- July 5-9: Introduction to Engineering (K-2); Aerospace Engineering (3-8); General Engineering for High School (9-11)
- July 12-16: Introduction to Engineering (K-2); Civil Engineering (3-8); General Engineering for High School (9-11)
- July 19-23: Introduction to Engineering (K-2); Electrical Engineering (3-8); General Engineering for High School (9-11)
- July 26-30: Introduction to Engineering (K-2); Mechanical Engineering (3-8); General Engineering for High School (9-11)
- August 2-6: General Engineering for Elementary School (3-5); General Engineering for Middle School (6-8)
All program grades (in parentheses) based on 2021-2022 school year.
- Introduction to Engineering for K-2 – $295
- General Engineering for Elementary School – $395
- General Engineering for Middle School – $395
- General Engineering for High School – $395
- Aerospace Engineering camp – $395
- Civil Engineering camp – $395
- Electrical Engineering camp – $395
- Mechanical Engineering camp – $395
All programs take place at Queens University of Charlotte.
Scientists study the world as it is; engineers create the world that has never been.
Theodore Von Kármán